OK, I'll start this out by saying that I realize that not everyone can afford the higher quality garden tools, nor do I think that people who "garden" one Saturday every spring necessarily need a better quality garden tool, but if you're an avid gardener and you rely on your tools to make your gardening more enjoyable and less tiresome every single time you walk out to the garden, isn't it worth it to have tools that work as hard as you do....time after time?
So let's take a look at what you get in a higher quality, handmade garden tool that you don't get in bargain, off-the-shelf garden tool.
- Quality - excellent, superior, strong, fine, high grade - all words that you probably would not use to describe the garden tools you normally find in stores, but all these words describe the value of a quality garden tool.
- Materials - At the heart of any garden tool is the metal that it is made of. While most garden tool makers are always looking for cheaper, thinnner metals to make their tools, meaning more money in their pockets, better quality tool makers will only use the highest quality metals available and will not skimp for the sake of an extra few pennies per tool.
- Company - The quality of the garden tool is only as good as the character of the compnay that makes them. Two of companies whose tool we carry are still family owned after a hundred years or more and realize the time and effort needed to make a quality garden tool.
- Warranty - A lot of the tools we carry have a lifetime warranty because the companies that make these tools believe in the produts they make and stand behind their quality. With a bargain tool, you'll probably be standing at the returns counter for quite a while arguing with a cashier weather the warranty is valid...if it has one at all.
- Design - Most of the tools that we offer are made by companies that have been pefecting the design of the tools for over a hundred years. A little bend here, a little more strength there, all to make the tool more efficient and enjoyable to use...no one-size-fits-all tools.
- Cheaper? - One might argue that these tools are less expensive in the long run if you break a couple of cheap tools, time and gas to go to the store again, waiting in the returns line, etc.... not to mention the frustration involved.
"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get." -Warren Buffet
"Quality" means purchasing a tool from a company that's always asking "how can we make it better" instead of "how can we make it so we can put more money in our pockets".
When you trust us by purchasing from us, not only are you buying a quality garden tool, but you're also buying our promise to stand behind that tool with the service that you deserve.